Recording Studio Acoustic Design – Large
The recording studio acoustic design – Large package is carried out by calculating the optimum room ratio (height / width / length) to provide minimal standing waves while achieving an even decay on as many frequencies as possible. Once this is achieved it is vital that the studio is constructed to the exact dimensions specified in order to achieve the acoustic response within in the room.
Please note this room has a Dolby optimised ratios for Film & Music.
This room can be used as both a control room or live room depending on how you acoustic treat the room, without treatment the room ratio gives a very nice even decay. For more information on using this room as a live room, please contact us.
A tolerance is given, as long as you keep within the tolerances, your room will perform correctly. Tolerances are given to help with construction, however the recording studio acoustic design – Large package only provides the recommended room dimensions and does not contain any information on how to construct the room.
Height +10mm / -10mm
Length +10mm / -10mm
Width +10mm / -10mm
The room dimensions do not produce duplicate Axial – Tangential – Oblique Modes – Standing Waves (see attached modes sheet). The acoustic response curve is very smooth and most frequencies respond evenly (See below). It is important to note, that going outside the construction tolerances of the room dimensions will cause immediate issues that will be allot harder to resolve with acoustic treatment.
The ceiling must be flat and parallel with the floor and the walls must be parallel with each other. If the ceiling or walls run out from each other, this will change the acoustic response of the room increasing the chances of slap back echoes being created.
There are some usual acoustic issues with the low end, which are to be expected with rooms of this size. However these can be reduced with some acoustic treatment.
33.4hz 35% above normal
39.7hz 15.8% above normal
43.1hz 7.8% above normal
49.8hz 13.4% above normal
54.3hz 8.2% above normal
60hz 9% above normal
63.7hz 5.8% above normal
99.5hz 5.7% above normal
Regarding the above known issues, after the acoustic treatment has been installed, the only noticeable frequencies will be 33.4hz – 33.9hz – 49.8hz, the other frequencies will not be so noticeable.
Low frequencies are usually easier to deal with within a timber framed room as the room will naturally vibrate and dissipate the energy from lower frequencies. We strongly recommend you use our large soundproofing package to construct the control room, alternatively use a timber framed construction technique.
The Recording Studio Acoustic Design – Large package will have the following internal room dimensions (please note these are rounded up, exact dimensions will be supplied in the download):
- Height 3500mm
- Width 5250mm
- Length 7250mm
The Recording Studio Acoustic Design – Large package comes with the following:
- Exact internal room dimensions on an A1 detailed pdf
- Acoustic treatment construction and placement methods
- Acoustic Data
- Acoustic Design License – Allows you to build the studio
If you are also purchasing our soundproofing design, please allow for at least an additional:
- 1000mm for the length to allow for single skinned construction
- 1000mm for the width to allow for single skinned construction
- 500mm for the height to allow for single skinned construction
What the licence covers:
- This certificate is for 1no. (one) Large control and is valid for the life of the large control room.
- The licence remains with the control room, if the owner relocated and does not dismantle the large control room, the licence remains with the original large control room and the owner must purchase a new license for their new studio.
- If the owner dismantles* the large control room and then relocated, the owner of the licence (the original purchaser) can rebuild the large control room in a new location and the licence becomes valid for the new large control room.
- This license is non-transferable. You are not allowed to sell/give away this license or the plans and content of the large control room package to a third party even if you have dismantles the large control room.
Please note this Recording Studio Acoustic Design – Large package does not come with any support, the package can be downloaded two (2no.) times and the link expires 30 days after your purchase.